- Interview skills
- Issue identification
- Documentation of calls
- Dealing with challenging calls
- Orientation to our Information Center intake system
Interns are scheduled to provide 25 hours of assistance and learning in our Information Center.
The IEP clinic internship is available to the Information Center Interns. It provides an opportunity to practice the following skills:
- Reviewing IEPs and related documentation
- Working directly with parents to help them determine their child’s needs at school
- Assisting parents in communicating those needs effectively
- Documenting work done with parents
IEP clinic interns are mentored by Federation staff.
Participants who complete both PCTI Internships receive a Certificate of Completion. Some professionals have been granted Professional Development Points (PDP) from their school districts. Participants must pursue this request directly with their school district.
February 10, 2021 Update
As a result of the current pandemic, the Federation has placed our internship temporarily on hold. Additional details about upcoming internships are forthcoming. Please contact Sara Niño with questions about FCSN internships and training opportunities (email@example.com).