News & Happenings
We are excited to share our brand new Career and Technical Education (CTE) family outreach toolkit. This set of resources was developed in response to focus groups, interviews, and surveys of language-diverse Massachusetts families that found that almost half of non-English speakers were unaware of Career and Technical Education. Learn more here >
The toolkit is available in full on our Massachusetts Statewide Family Engagement Center (MASFEC) website, or use the links below to explore a wealth of resources designed to welcome diverse families into the world of career, vocational and technical education programs.
All materials are available in English, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. You may distribute, print, modify, link, or reference our materials in any manner that will improve access to CTE.
- CTE Overviews: Printable and online resources responding to questions families ask
- CTE Videos: Approximately 5 minutes in length (depending on language), these videos provide an introduction to CTE with engaging images and video clips of students at work. Thank you to Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical School and Upper Cape Cod Technical School for allowing us to spotlight your students in our video!
- Outreach Flyers: Printable posters/flyers with links to templates that schools and organizations can customize with their own logos, photos or text.
- Social Media Posts: Downloadable social media graphics plus links to customizable templates for spreading the word about the opportunities available in CTE
- Translation Tools: including a translation glossary of terms commonly used in CTE in Massachusetts as well as tips and best practices for English speakers wishing to increase access through translation.
Back to SOFE HOME